Time in Jordan

Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Amman with Ahed"

WHOOOOOHOOOOOO! We just had the most amazing time going to a club and seeing the nightlife in Jordan! Don't worry...we were safe because we went with Ahed and her cousin. So she took us through the city. They give directions based on the circles in the city which are round abouts. We went to 1st circle which she said were some of the oldest streets. She pointed out several things that we should know...mostly hospitals and anything related to the royal family. Also good shopping and eating places. lol So we squished all four of us in the back seat of her car. I got to be the one that ducked when we passed a police car. So we got to the Blue Fig and ate some "sweets" and drinks. I had something similar to a Mojito(Lime and mint) without alcohol. They can't drink during Ramadan. The first time Ahed introduce Stella to someone she said "this is Liza...wait...who is Liza?...You're not Liza." lol It was so funny...then later that evening she introduced Darren as Andy then said again "Who is Andy?" LOL. Then we said "Andy and Liza!" She was so funny. We had beans at the club and you squish the insides out and eat them. Amber was the best at it and I think I was the worst. Haha. There was a sweet ball thing that we ate and I bit one in half to try it and realized that I should have ate the thing whole because it squirted EVERYWHERE...its the juice filled kind. lol After that we were walking outside and waiting for the valet(its about 1 dollar!!!!) and there was a FERRARI!!!!!! I walked closely to it! Hahaha. I wanted a pic but no one would take one of me and the car. We went to a place called Rainbow street. Don't worry...it was ok. lol We had REALLY good ice cream...almost as good as Gelato! One our way back she showed us the hotel we will be staying at for the feast...if we don't have to stay in our apartment. Something else funny happened but I don't remember right now. So when I remember I will make a comment. Lol. I hope ya'll are enjoying my blog!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you added the pictures to your blog. Sounds like you are having a good time.

    Ice cream as good as Gelato!!!! I think you may be visiting that place often. :)
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had beans at a club before, what were they like? Do you think you guys might go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow street is cool, they have some nice English book stores there, and lots of cute shops and restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... kudos on pictures in the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beans were kinda weird...they squish the insides out of the skin and don't eat the skin. We had three different kinds and they were not bad...but not good.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete